A Kind Heart

One of my friends, Alexus, who is 8 years old, truly has a kind heart. How you may ask, well...... I invited her to my birthday party coming up and I told her that it's going to be Reece's Rainbow theme. Alexus doesn't know what down syndrome or Reece's Rainbow is, but she just agreed to come and said "That's cool". After she left our house that night, I hadn't seen her for about 2 weeks. 

Then last night our church had a worship/get together thing. I wasn't there, I was with at friends party, but Alexus and her family came. Today my dad told me that she had went up to him and said, "Mr. Guy, my birthday is coming up, and instead of receiving gifts I want to ask my friends to bring money for your adoption." 

WOW!!! How often do you hear that?! I am blown away, and SO thankful to Alexus for stepping up in kindness and giving up presents, for donations to help bring MY brothers home. 

Thank you so very much Alexus! I owe you BIG time! 

Please take this story and consider doing "an act of kindness" or having "a kind heart" to someone. Whether it's advocating for a child on RR, helping an adopting family, or just stepping out in faith reaching out to people in your area, people in NEED. 


Genesis

No comments:

Post a Comment