We had 3 flights... From Kiev to Munich to Dulles to Tampa. We arrived in Tampa, FL at 9:30pm (due to the 2 hour delay we had for bad weather). Once we FINALLY landed, I was so excited I was shaking! We were the last people to get off the plane so when we walked in the airport it was completely empty. After stopping in the bathroom, we took the tram over to baggage claim where our family and friends were waiting to greet us. My dad was pushing the stroller with Gabe inside and my mom and I were holding Levi's hands (that's why we were walking so slow! haha). As soon as we could see them all, we heard "AWWWW!" and smiles and laughs on every face.
 |
| Aunt Kara and Levi =) |
The first thing I did was picked Levi up and handed him off to Giana :) Than I hugged all my family members I've been missing for weeks! Everyone LOVED the boys and we didn't leave the airport until almost 11, which meant us getting home at 1:00am. We were soo tired but sooo glad to be home and I couldn't wait to sleep in my own bed!! And to make the night even better, we came home to a newly decorated house! The boys' room and mine were done and clean and so was our dining room! AND, we opened our fridge to see a whole bowl of chocolate covered strawberries, pretzels and more! Yep, we slept in the next morning =)
Update on the boys....
Gabe: He is doing amazingly well! It's only been a week and he is starting to CRAWL!! He never cries (only sometimes when we change his diapers) and is usually giggling. As far as food, we've been giving him baby 'cereal' and pureed vegitables. He eats/drinks 3-5 8oz bottles a day. And he loves them!
Levi: He's doing good. But he's been having problems with food... He yells whenever it's gone, throughs a fit if he doesn't get the food he likes and will go around to everyone at the table to see if someone will feed him. Also, he's been pouding, throughing fits and yelling A lot since we've been home. We're guessing it's just him being confused- he's in a new place and for 5 years he's known his nannies and surroundings. He's getting better with it though.
(Posts and pictures from EE coming soon!)
Wow, Genesis! Thank you for posting this! Praying for all those precious little ones to find just the right home! God can do that! Why He created the world in a split second and holds the stars in the sky! Wish I was younger so I could make a home for a few of them! You are one special young lady! Keep living for the Lord! Love ya, Jill Yates
ReplyDelete