These past few days have been AMAZING. Kole has been an absolutely amazing addition to our family. I coulodn't ask for anythingt or anyone better then him. To me, is he is pure perfection. He's shy and timid at first, but once he warms up to you he is the sweetest most giggly and cuddly little boy I know. He is really rockin' that extra chromosome ;)
It's been pretty crazy, but awesome around here. Sometimes I can't even believe there's six kids in our family now. Some people say, after the third kid it's nothing. But boy is this something! You'd think "eh, what's one more?" Well that one more just adds to everything. It now takes us like 20 minutes just to load the van and buckle all the kids up with all the diaperbags and such. And about half that to unload, with all the strollers. We now use the 'buddy system'. Last night at church, Zane was carrying the diaperbag, Jude was holding Levi's hand, my mom was holding Kole's hand, and I was carrying Gabster. if you think about it, six kids actually isn't a lot. But we just look like a parade trolling through. Sure, we get a few stares here and there. And that's just gonna happen. But sometimes I actually like the looks. It feels good to be apart of a large family. Really good.
Little things I enjoy about being apart of a big family-
1. Head counts. Those are always interesting ;)
2. Changing and dressing all three boys. Feels like we have triplets now.
3. Packing the bags. You should see the pile of diapers and pediasure.
4. The never-ending company. In a big family, you're bound to always have SOMEONE to play or cuddle with.
5. People's reaction. I love seeing people's eyes grow bigger when I tell them I have five brothers.
6. Blogging. I love writing (more like typing) about all the adventures we endure through out the day.
7. The family get-togethers. I love, love, love getting all our family memebers together for dinner or some weekly occasion.
8. The experience. I am so thankful for the everyday experience and lessons I get to learn from being in a big family.
9. Family portraits. Those are always fun.
10. The vehicles. We are beginning to grow out of our seven passenger mini van. Next up, twelve passenger van!!
Oh, and happy Down Syndrome Awareness Month!!





genesis, you are the most beautiful little soul. You make me realize just HOW big an injustice I did to my own children by not raising them in STRONG faith. I love that Kole is back in your arms. You are awesome, little one, just awesome.
ReplyDeleteI am proud of you sissy! I love you and know that you are growing up to be a mature young beautiful lady. Mom and I would never dream of this life without you. Your brothers are blessed to have you in their lives and I am honored to be your dad.
ReplyDelete