I've just been thinking of how much I love "Gavin". I mean, I think about him ALL the time. I have some photos we printed of him hanging on my bedroom walls next to my bed so that every night I can look at him and sing to him. I sing, "You are my sunshine" to him every night in bed :)
I am disappointed that I can't go with my parents to pick up Gavin, but I know that as soon as I see them walk through those airport doors, I am going to run straight to them and hold little Gavin in my arms..... at last. I know that he is not "legally" my brother yet, but a friend of mine gave me this list
1. If you love him
2. If you live under the same roof, then he is your brother.
Well, we don't live under the same roof, but I do love him, and I can't wait to finally meet him.
I know I keep using words like, "finally" and "at last", and we just started the adoption process so it isn't like I have been waiting and waiting. But to me it does feel like I've been waiting. See, we just officially committed to sweet Gavin, but I have been waiting for a year now. We have been looking, talking, researching, and praying for the past year. Just now we have started the process and I can't wait!
I can't wait to finally give my little Gavin a home, OUR home, and a family, OUR family. I can't wait to put him in cute little PJ's every night, and give him a bedroom with a crib (or bed).
Speaking of PJ's..... me and my mom went to old Navy the other day, and bought Gavin a pair of pajamas =) We picked out those tight fitted type (separate, a shirt and pants) so we got a 4toddler. We think he is probably a 2T, but these kind of pajamas are small so we got a bigger size just in-case. They have blue and green stripes, and the shirt says, "COOLEST KID EVER"(photos coming soon). My mom picked it out ;) I can't wait to see pictures of him in it.
I don't want to favor, and I don't have favorites with any of my brothers, but little Gavin will always be very special to me. I will always love him, no matter what. We may have to give him extra attention and be more careful and gentle with him, but I don't care, I will do what ever it takes to be with him.
I love you to pieces Gavin! Sissy's coming! Good night! Or should I say good morning :) (it's 6am there right now). Have a good day and night, and every day and night till we bring you home!
Kisses Gavin!
Love your Sissy
Genesis, that is the sweetest blog post I think I have ever read. The mental picture of you singing to his picture every night just makes me cry! Gavin doesn't know it yet, but he hit the jackpot with you and your family!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I really can't wait for him to get here, but thanks for reading my post! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a great post!!! You are so amazing Genesis and very sweet!!! I agree with the Spicer family Gavin hit the JACKPOT to have you as his big sissy your little brothers are so lucky to have you!!!!! You are going to be so blessed to have Gavin as your brother and he will be blessed to have you as his sissy!!!! Don't worry he will be with you soon thats what I have to tell myself when I think about the little boy my family is adopting!!!! I love how you sing to his pictures =) I also have pictures of the little boy that we are adopting all around my room and rite by my bed!!!! I feel the same way as you like you cant handle how cute they are or you just want to hold him rite now!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING GENESIS =)
ReplyDelete~Madison~