Yes, sadly, I know a certain little boy who doesn't get to celebrate freedom today. A little boy who's chains have not yet been broken. A little boy who has spent 5 years alone, without anyone to fight for him. And that certain little boy, is our Kole. This 4th of July, is in one way, festive and fun. A day to celebrate our freedom and the people who have fought for it. And yet, in another, it's a day of sadness for us. Wishing our little Nikolka was here with us right now, and knowing he could very well have been, if we weren't delayed in paperwork. That's the bitter part. But, there is at least one sweet part to this side. Spending all this time and fun together as a family, laughing and eating, watching fireworks go off, gets me even more excited for Kole to come home and enjoy it. When I realize how much we have been blessed and how much we have here, and that Kole will soon be here to enjoy it with us, well I just smile :) I sometimes try picturing him doing something like swimming and splashing in the pool, watching in amazement as he holds sparklers in his hand and puts on the smile that made us fall in love with him. Or watching him interact with his cousins and brothers, or sit in his grandpa's lap.
So even though THIS year may not be the year I get to see those moments take place, I still get to look forward to NEXT year.
In the mean time, I hope you all have an awesome 4th of July!

No comments:
Post a Comment