"Public speaking is NOT my thing"

I am very shy. Since I'm almost 11, I'm starting to come out of my shell, but I still would NEVER speak in public!!! Last night, we had a Christmas eve service at our church. The pastor of our church, asked our family to share a little bit of what we are doing, adopting and all. So my mom wanted me to right a testimony, and say it in front of everybody at our church. As soon as I heard those words come out of her mouth, I shook my head, and said, "I'm sorry, but I just don't want to do it". So, she asked me to right a speech, and she would say it, but i would have to come up there with her (on the stage). So, that's what I did, I wrote a small speech, and was planning on my mom sharing it with everyone. Well......... She talked me into it, we made a deal, (which is a secret) and she had me say the Bible verse that she added. And she read the speech. I got so nerves, but I did it, and it turned out great :) The verse I read, was...... "Once our eyes are open, we can't pretend we don't know what to do, God who knows are heats and weighs our souls, KNOWS, that WE know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12  

4 comments:

  1. Genesis - Your green writing on this blog makes it impossible for my eyes to read the words. Can you darken the words??? They blend in with the tan... I want to read what you wrote and can't!! Dark words are best!

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - I read it this morning!! Next year you will be standing up there sharing boldly how God faithfully brought Gavin home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so brave to take these first steps. God will use you mightily! There are many of us who have been praying for Gavin for some time. Now we can add YOU and your family to our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO brave !! I'm 47 years old, and there's no way you'd get ME to speak in public like that - way to go - Gavin is such a lucky boy to be gaining you as a big sister !!

    ReplyDelete