As you know, today is World Down syndrome day, 3/21. The day reserved for celebrating the special people with a little extra something in your life. Even if you don't have a family member with DS, the friends, orphans, etc. are worth the celebrating too! Down syndrome in general is beautiful. And it is so sad that some people can't see that. I can't wait to see the day when the R-word is banned, when everyone is aware of special needs and how truly special they are. When nobody makes funny looks at people with special needs or stares at them. When nobody makes fun of or laughs at them, or has to ask "What's wrong with them?". When WDSD is everyday. And I'm sure a lot of you dream of that day as well.
Well on that note, let's put a shout out there for some of those Xtra special chromosomed blessings :)
These are just some of the many little blessings God's put on earth for us to be forever changed by ♥. I know the day is almost over, but we still have 2 hours to make a difference! Yes, you should feel motivated to make a difference in the world, everyday, but I mean for the extra chromosomes in our lives. Today is like their 'other' birthday- make them feel special, appreciated, loved, even more then usual! Which for us, that would mean 1,000 more hugs and kisses, and snuggling for Levi and Gabe ;) So go and find your extra special buddy and love on them!!
Love,
Genesis






thanks Genesis! I will be sure to give Sarah an extra special hug today!
ReplyDelete